Friday, January 21, 2011

Bananagrams and Magnums...

It may seem like we had an interesting night based on our title, but it's pretty much the story of our lives. Christine has been seemingly obsessed with "Magnums" and knowing my dirty mind, you all know what I associated that with and was seriously confused each time she brought it up. Then, while grocery shopping she yells out again, "MAGNUMS!" Little did we know, Magnums were ice cream bars. Boring.

But, the Magnums were damn good, although not as good as the crepes and the mountain loads of bread I eat here. Chicken and cheese quesadillas were on the menu for our gourmet kitchenette in Restaurant 25 (AKA Christine and Courtney's room) and our evening activity was bananagrams. Are we in a nursing home? Bananagrams? YES. Bananagrams is probably the most inventive game ever developed. It is filled with surprises and one never knows what words you will form. Some may say that one projects their true feelings through Bananagrams. Too bad the words on my board were "poop" and "whine".

We followed our raging game of Bananagrams with a visit from Sade (our favorite Finnish friend...like we have a boat load of those?) and headed to the bars in Bastille. We met our new Wisco friends who are only here for 5 weeks so it kinda sucks, but a "secret" someone found a new hubby, even if she may not remember all of their romantic conversations.

This morning I had to wake up and take a test that summed up our week long torture chest of Franceland's history, "great" (but boring) people, and lessons on why the French hate the rest of the world. Moral of the story, I still don't speak french.

Tonight....going out with all the ESCP Europe party people! Holla. Should be interesting, except it's BYOB so I have to lug an entire wine bottle around Paris with me. Oh well, it's worth saving the money I guess. We buy 3 Euro wine bottles in the grocery store, and a glass of a wine at a bar is 5 Euro. Screw you bars, I'm bringing my own!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment