Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The past two days at school....

BoRiNg...

I don't know how I can do this all week. It's bad enough that we have to wake up early, but to sit through the most monotone, dry material ever is just plain torture. I honestly don't care why Paris has a highway surrounding the city limits and why Parisians are stereotyped as assholes. Let's be honest, they're rude for no reason.

I'm still having some issues with the food but slowly warming up to the concept of mushy bread in my french onion soup. Lenny Kravitz was right...L'As Du Falafel is the most amazing place in the world. For all you non-frenchies L'As Du Falafel is located in the Jewish Quarter in Marais where they serve food like falafels, schwarma, etc. (Comparison would be Pita Inn). However, this place makes Pita Inn look like a McDonald's for mediterranean food. There is no comparison. It was heaven in a pita pocket and I will forever remember it as the most amazing schwarma in the world.

All in all, everything is pretty much the same. ESCP Europe is similar to any city school where all students commute and live far from campus. It takes two metro stops to get there. Lucky for my lazy self, the metro leads us to the front door of the school. Moni, Courtney, Christine, Jamie and I planned our first trip to Brussels this weekend! Should be a thrill with belgian chocolate and waffles.

Lucky for us, we got out of orientation at 11:30 so we headed over to H&M for some shopping! I love the sales here and it is a serious triumph to defeat the urge to spend. I'll keep it at a minimum (ok mom?). We went to the market to buy some ingredients for a gourmet dinner tonight...pasta, salad, broccoli and bread! Got to love having a hot plate in my kitchenette...this should be interesting. I wish I could skip tomorrow and wake up and it will be Thursday, because tomorrow's orientation is going for 7 hours and I don't know how much more I can take.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment