Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dear Franceland...

Dear Franceland,

I don't know what I did to make you mad at me, but it seems you don't like me in the following ways...

1. You don't let me sleep very long. I understand we haven't had much time to get to know each other, but you will soon find with very little sleep, I'm a bitch.

2. You gave me a very small shower. There are many issues concerning this. More importantly, how the hell am I going to fit my 6'4'' giant man in there?

3. It's very humid here. I'd like to have pretty hair so the frenchies don't throw bread crumbs at me, but it's nearly impossible with your atmosphere.

4. I still can't speak french. Could you please instill some new language capabilities in my brain so I can communicate with your people. It's day 3, and I'm tired of feeling like a martian.

HOWEVER Franceland, I gotta give you some credit....

1. Your homestyle trumps my homestyle any day. It's beautiful here.

2. I have yet to see an obese person on the street. Thank you for having REAL food.

3. I love your wine.

4. I am obsessed with the rooftop park on my street. (World, google map "39 Avenue Daumesnil, 70015 Paris and zoom in. You will see a thin but long stretch of a park, and it's located on the roof that connects all the buildings on this road. AMAZING).

5. I'm warming up to the people of Franceland. Hopefully we will become great friends, that is if I can beat the bitch out of this language barrier.


Eiffel Tower today...Will post more of my friends' shenanigans later.

1 comment:

  1. Color me jealous and HAPPY for you! And the humidity is why they invented the chignon (aka bun) and gave it such a cool name. Chignon...so elegant....

    ReplyDelete